Sunday, February 13, 2005

If you don't like the weather

In Atlanta they say, "If you don't like the weather, just hang on a minute,". They have no idea what they are talking about.

I woke up to rumbling thunder this morning. After breakfast, the sun was shining again so I put the kids in their jackets to go out and play. We opened the door to hail. We closed the door and went to take the jackets off. Looked out the window and it was raining. "Great," I said, "now all we need is some snow,". This was a joke; it is in the forties today.

Nel said "Could you please ask for some sun next time?". Yep, you got it in one. It was snowing. Big fat flakes of snow. I said, "Okay, but it will have to wait a minute," and went upstairs.

Twenty minutes later the sun was out and we went outside. But an hour later we had to come in again because it was raining. Now the sun is shining again but I have learned my lesson. We are staying in until dinner time, when we are eating out because today is (was?) Hans' birthday and the whole family is eating out.

Fingers crossed that there will not be a freak tornado or tidal wave.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeannine:

The weather here is changeable recently, but not to that extreme!

I have a lot of daffodils up and a few are blooming along the creek. It will not be too long before they really start to bloom in earnest.

Have a great day,
Dad

Jeannine said...

Hi, dad,

Some of our daffodils are up, too, but they are just confused volunteers and will no doubt get frozen.

I spent my day today cleaning the living room (where the damn bird used to live) with Clorox. Dang, birds are just dirty, remind me not to get one.

Birdie is on an extended vacation with relatives while undergoing de-bugging treatment. I think Nel just got the willies at the idea of bugs crawling all over, even microscopic ones.

Jeannine said...

Hi, Jennifer,

We don't ride together. Douwe rides his bike and I ride mine. This is how Douwe gets to school every day, how '50s can you get?

Daan, when he comes, rides on the baby seat on the back of mine because he's too little for his own bike.

Anonymous said...

Jeannine:

Daffodils are pretty tough. I have had them in the snow in years past. The snow will bend them to the ground, but the cold doesn't seem to bother them very much.

Dad

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to learn Daffodils will live through the snow and cold weather. I too have them coming up and every time I looked at them theis weekend, I got to worrying about a flash of cold weather doing them in.

Jessica came home this weekend and took pictures of Ashley like she did Brandon. (The pictures I saw of Brandon were just beautiful) Anyhow I am hoping she will do these in Black and White too--I am going to do a gallery of the grandchildren in Black and White. Jessica does a great job in that medium.