Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Would you believe

The second surgery is over, Nel is now in the recovery room. When they opened her up they found...nothing. No leak, nothing. She is healing nicely and the tube is not leaking. So they left it there and closed her back up.

It is now believed that a blockage in the feeding tube or something similar caused the feeding solution to appear where it should not have been.

On the one hand I am certain that it is a good thing that they did not wait and see, but instead moved to prevent an infection at the first opportunity. An infection in the abdominal cavity would be a complete disaster at this point.

And I am sure I will also think that, in about, oh, two hours or so. Just now, I confess, I think, "My God, all that for nothing? For nothing? What do you mean it was nothing? What the hell are you playing at over there?"

But even this is an improvement, what I thought five minutes ago probably is not suitable for broadcast to a mixed audience. *ahem*.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeannine:

Hmmm. I gather the medical profession is the same at least on these two continents. Two times with the knock you out drugs/gas? That is the hard part on patients. And for a "mistake"? An oversight? I hope it gets better.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Jeannine,

Hope Nrl is O.K. My prayers have been with her.

Love You
Jenni

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeannine,
I am glad everything went well with both surgeries. We hope she gets well soon. Tell the boys Brandon and I said hello and we love all of you. Brandon and I were just looking at some pics from when you were here Christmas. Brandon has lost his two front teeth just this past month.

Love you all,
Jennifer