Sunday, April 23, 2006

I give up

The universe is conspiring to prevent my communicating with anyone.

To my brother, I wish a happy birthday and all great things.

And I have not been ignoring the music you sent me, really I haven't. Though it probably seems that way; it arrived shortly before we got hit by the tidal wave. I still think it's a good idea. But I am as you might have noticed sort of preoccupied at the moment.

I have actually been calling for several hours and have been unable to get a connection. Either all of you en masse changed your phone numbers and didn't tell me (which could happen I suppose but we are not, as a family, really gifted in the keeping of secrets) or something is screwy with this phone line.

So I will try again tomorrow and wish you a happy birthday one day late.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeannine:

I hope you eventually got thru to Johnny. As usual, I am also one day late(usually much more) in saying Happy Birthday to Johnny. I have always been dbad that way.

And Nell is.....?

Dad

Anonymous said...

I wonder if something is wrong with the phone lines. I tried several times last week to get you and it just rant and rang. Your answering machine never came on. A couple of times it sounded like it had picked up without the message so I left messages but I didn't hear back from you. I tried Friday and Saturday a couple of times. I just thought you erased your message for some reason and were at the hospital a lot.

Mom