Monday, February 20, 2006

Updates

Well, Daan got over being sick and Douwe took his place in line, and I haven't slept through the night in, I dunno, a week. My kids are not debilitated by viral illnesses with fever; but I am -- they only have to do it once each after all. (wah).

We now have a wireless network so Dearly Beloved is playing the latest in a series of sixty gajillion games of Go (and that's only since this morning) right now as I type. And the likelihood that we will both survive to see our anniversary in May has increased while the likelihood that I will collect a rather large life insurance policy and check out life as a Merry Widow has decreased. Erahem.

He is a very good Go player. He will no doubt by the end of this month achieve tournament level status and also enlightenment. Because he will now likely survive to do it. Erahem again.

Dearly Beloved is also planning to return to school and become a teacher of physics and/or maths -- simultaneously or seriatum, I am not sure which. I gather that he can get a teaching certificate in about 6 to 8 months in physics (having had more formal training in physics than ought to be strictly legal) and about a year in maths. This will, it is devoutly to be hoped, settle his nerves and get some kind of regular income moving through here (the latter leading to the former you understand). This can only be a good thing.

I expect to be on this computer a lot in the next few days, as I have a lot of work to do. So I will probably blog a lot to get out of it. Maybe I'll even tell you what I think about the big Cartoon Controversey. Bwah ha hah.

I have baby lettuces and spinach in my fish tank, er, cold frame. Spring may come some day after all. No person living in 40/50 degree weather may speak to me about cold and dark, grrr.

Okay, I lie, it's been mostly a mild winter. But not 50 degrees, no indeedy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeannine:

I have a number of Jonquils in bloom, maple trees are budding as well as the Japanese Magnolia. Just about all of the daffodils are well out of the ground, so from all appearances, spring is well on the way.

Spinach that has been kissed by frost is the very best kind. It is actually sweet. Very tasty.

My solution to the cartoon controversy is simple. Unlesh all the cartoonist who will participate to flood the world with naughty and negative cartoons about Islam. It will defuse it quickly since it will become trite and the public at large will quickly lose interest in either side of the controversy. Being thus ignored, those who have taken such great affront will need to find something else to be shocked and dismayed about. Oh course, they will be able to find that, but they will have to let go of this one.

Dad