Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Temper, temper

After another weekend involving some frustration over our similarities*, I shared with my spouse that unless he wants to pencil in the very first knock down drag out no hold barred bring out the big guns quarrel of our marriage I recommended in the strongest possible terms that we get on the stick about installing a wireless network.

He looked thoughtful for a moment and said he would do it tomorrow.

I pointed out that if he did it tomorrow then neither of us could work while he was installing things and debugging things and cursing Bill Gates' name and descendants and otherwise swearing in the seven languages in which he can swear.

He looked more thoughtful and said he would do it this week.

Quite possibly the only person on earth who respects the extremities to which their spouse might go in a fit of real temper more than I do, is Dearly Beloved.

So I expect he will do it. This is a good thing because if I actually expressed the annoyance I have felt for the last several days we might see an earthquake in Alaska.

Oh, really? Whoops.

*to wit: when we have work to do we both expect to sit down and do it without stopping and furthermore expect that somebody else, that is, the other one, entertain the children and shove food at them every two hours. The problems of this obsessive style of operating are obvious if you both want to work and you have only one computer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am trilled with this news. Please your Dearly Beloved to put the camera on the computer you work at so I will have more of an opportunity to see my beautiful grandchildren.

And now I can expect a note or two on the blog (and maybe even a picture) daily...or at least every other day.

Anonymous said...

Jeannine

When the network is up and running, does that mean at least two computers can be online at the same time?

I await information regarding the little cameras. I have a Logitech and an Intel brand. Both are sevaral years old.

Dad

Jeannine said...

Hi, guys,

Yes, that is the idea. I have to be online, both socially and when I am working, because all my research involves online libraries -- Westlaw/Lexis/that stuff.

I have to do the camera thing, I'm the one who has let that drop. Gotta check that out, hopefully this weekend.