Sunday, August 21, 2005

Ancient Chinese Secret

As some of you know, my anxiety levels are peaking about back to school, as another year like last one with Douwe and I am going to pack it in and home school the child and then go to jail probably because homeschooling is very far beyond not approved of here.

While of course pretending not to be at all concerned about the subject in order to slide under the finely tuned Mommy Radar possessed by my children.

So because I am an eminently sensible and stable person I of course consulted the I Ching on the matter and here is what it said:

The problems are from within. You need a change of attitude regarding those around you. Avoid suffering through altruistic behavior. To cultivate yourself, you must contemplate from a broader prospective. Narrow and superficial views do not generate a person of public responsibility.

Okay, which one of you has tampered with my yarrow sticks for crying out loud?

Did I miss something or is this a very fancy and suitably enigmatic way of saying, "get over yourself"?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've all been telling you this and now, too, I Ching has spoken...what more can I say. Give it up girl!!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Even though I have no clue as to the I.D. of this I Ching, I don't think that is what he said. As best as I can understand it, it seems to say that one should not concentrate on one thing to the exclusion of the rest of what is going on. The "problem" at hand can benifit from the braoder perspective of other things that are going on.

?? maybe ??

Dad