Friday, September 01, 2006

Moonlight serenade

As I mentioned, the kids have both got colds. This means they are sleeping lightly and it also means a certain increase in the amount of sleeptalking going on. They both talk in their sleep now and again. I hear that I do, too. Also an increase in the amount of waking up and crying, at least from Daan.

So last night at midnight, as I was lying in bed I heard a sound. Since I have been out of bed three or four times a night for two nights running, I listened to see: would this be a little fuss-and-go-back-to-sleep sound? Or a full blown panic fit? Waking in the middle of the night unable to breathe is after all not very much fun. Nothing for blowing out those sinuses like a full on primal scream after all.

Instead, I heard a little boy soprano drifting through the darkness:

Little bunny Foo-foo, hopping through the forest, scooping up the field mice and bopping them on the head....

No comments: