Monday, September 11, 2006

How do I love thee

Well. Because Christmas is a Monday this year, I have been looking at flights and all the options suck. Except one. We can fly non-stop both ways, it doesn't leave at an indecently early hour, availability is good, and it's cheap too.

With one small drawback.

It means we would be flying on Christmas Day.

I suppose I could make a tradition of it. Fly with silly Santa hats or something. Can you bake cookies at angels thirty?

We would be arriving early afternoon probably, around 2. Hey, I know, you guys could all come down to the airport en masse to pick us up and wear Santa hats, too.

This would require some logistical operations; I would certainly have to sent my Christmas presents ahead at a minimum.

Urg.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What day are the boys out of school. Can't you find something close to that time.

Jeannine said...

I am, that's the problem.

The last day of school is 22nd. Flying on the weekend is both far more expensive and has little availability.

This means either flying on the Thursday before (the 21st) or on Christmas day.

Anonymous said...

I vote for the 21st (or sooner..we all know about the last week of school before a holiday). That way they could at least be here for my birthday--and that is the best present you could give me!!

Jeannine said...

Truly, I think I am just going to ask Douwe's teacher. Daan is no problem, he isn't old enough to be required to go to school at all. (But he will be when we get back, *snort*).

The thing is, Douwe is going to have the same teacher for the next three years, so there's no point in pulling the "Kids are sick" thing. Besides, I feel certain they have already announced to the world that they are going to the US for Christmas.

Last year's teacher was quite accomodating; we'll just have to see what this one has to say.

Anonymous said...

Jeannine

Do what you have to do. How long will you be here? I forget if you mentioned that. Senior momento.

Dad