Monday, March 14, 2005

Update

We are dropping like flies over here. Looks like the flu. Nel went down yesterday, Paul has muscle aches, I don't feel so well myself. I thought Douwe could make it to school tomorrw -- no more fever for 24 hours -- but he plays for five minutes and then gets this horrible hacking cough and has to go lie down to rest. So I think not.

I have not left the house since before the weekend I think. So the days are all running together. I think the weather was nice today but I am not sure. I have to go to the store and buy food tomorrow, even if it means taking Thing One and Thing Two. So I sure hope the fact that I am freezing to death right now is because I have the window open and not because I am next.

Knock wood.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Jeannine:

Wow, it sounds as though you folks are having a very bad time of it. It also sounds like a trip to a MD would be called for even before the grocery store. Get thee to a medic, daughter person! And close the window. Chicken soup, crackers and ginger ale or 7-Up (assuming it is available)might help a tad.

Love you,
Dad

josetteplank.com said...

I feel your pain. Isabel just got over some miserable head/cough/fever thing, and now I have it.

Luckily, both kiddos are at school right now, so I'm going to go curl up with a blanket and a cup o'tea.

Hope you're all feeling better, soon.

Josette

Anonymous said...

Jeannine,

Brad has had the flu for 11 days now. Ashley had a fever one day - but pretty much just had a cold for a week. She is better now. I somehow keep missing it, only getting a symptom here or there, I can't stop long enough to pay attention to it. I will be glad when I don't have to lysol everything and change the sheets 3-4 times a week though!!!

Hope you don't get a bad case. It is the mommy that is not "ALLOWED" to get sick.