Saturday, October 07, 2006

What Daan did today

Today, Daan broke his bicycle. Well, he went over a bump and the chain slipped its gears. So I wound up flipping it upside down and strapping it to the baby seat on my bike (Have I recently mentioned how much I really love bungee cords?) to get it home. I had planned to walk the bike home with Daan on my seat, but then Douwe decided he would just go home. On his bike. He knows the way after all. So he was off.

(Oh, for an extra bungee cord to tie the self-willed little monster up. But I digress).

So Daan sat on my seat and clung to me like a little monkey and I stood on the pedals and we raced after Douwe. Daan thought this great fun. So did Douwe, actually, though he was really scared when we got home, he knows better than to take off like that.

So. As Douwe and I were haveing a Serious Talk in the one room, Papa was fixing the bike in the other room. It appears a new bike needs to have its chain tightened from time to time, who knew? And when he fixed it, he took the training wheels off.

I pointed out that the child has just figured out how to cross the street with training wheels. Papa said, "Oh, ten minutes and he'll be fine".

So off they went. And here's how they came back:





And here is Daan's story about how it all happened.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The film clip is too cool! I really like those.

Dad