Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I am so screwed

This article explains why I shall never be rich. It appears that tall people earn more because they are, in fact, smarter.

Because we all know that being smart = making money. Well, doesn't it?

Well, I suppose this could explain why the gender gap still exists in terms of pay. Men are both taller and therefore smarter.

In any event it is good to see this kind of hard nosed relevant analysis still going on in the halls of academe. Oh, and the authors of the paper? Are both 5'8", well above the average for American women. Just thought I'd mention it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Total B.S.!!! The fake (trying to be important) physo folk say this garbage all the time! There are way too many below average in height (ie 50% of the entire population) to be less than financially successful and bright.

Dad

Ps: I know you better than to think this was more than tongue in cheek