Monday, January 09, 2006

This is a little Dutch boy

In a, um, big Dutch birthday hat.  This is what a Dutch birthday crown looks like. It is made by the teacher and then the birthday boy sits in a little wooden throne painted in many colors in circle time and beats on a birthday drum while the other children sing about sixty gazillion songs about how marvelous he is and how great it is to be 4 and going to Big School.. 



Oh, and that's the other Batman lunchbox which had to be in the picture too.  Looks like he's ready to go.




Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting me know that you had posted to the blog. I really enjoyed the pictures and stories. (those were fictional stories you were writing about your return home weren't they?)

I so appreciate that you make the trip like you do...imagine what a hard time this older than you person would be having if she had to make the trip. Besides, you can't get away from the fact that when you and the boys come here, you are with all the family and the cousins can get together and get better acquainted. So all in all, it is a grat good gift your coming here to visit.
Mom

Jeannine said...

Mom:

Are you kidding, I haven't even started on how we stood in the sixty bajillion people long line at Hartsfield at United only to be sent to the sixty more bajillion people long line at Lufthansa. And the skycap took me to United, too.

Or the fact that they did not sleep at all on the plane and thus were awake (as was I, as a result) for nearly 24 hours.

Or the fact that once more I was left stranded in the largest airport in the world faced with a walk from one end to the other with an exhausted 3 year old and no stroller to put him in. Because they lost my stinking stroller, again. Second time this year.

Or....but wait, I said I wasn't going to say anything about that didn't I?

Hey mom, don't get me started. I am trying to be freaking virtuous here.