Sunday, May 14, 2006

Nel is home

She came home yesterday. She is officially off the special diet and certified cancer free, lol. She weighs exactly as much as I do, which is not good. She has actually been told to control her diabetes with more insulin if necessary but to get her weight back on as soon as is humanly possible. The feeding tube has been left in, and if she doesn't gain weight well she will have to be fed through that in addition to regular eating to get enough calories in her.

So I am instructed to fatten her up like a turkey in October. She is making a manful effort at it, I must say, it's like having a teenaged boy in the house. I don't know if it's that she just didn't like the food at the hospital -- and who would, bleah -- or that she really does not want to have to use that tube again, she did not like it then and isn't crazy about it now.

A practical nurse comes by the house once a day to change the dressing on her incision and make sure all is well with that and the drain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good!! I was starting to worry. Try beer, it can put weight on very quickly!! Ice cream might be more acceptable, however.

It is still not hot here. No winter and a cool spring. Very odd, but I like it.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Very good!! I was starting to worry. Try beer, it can put weight on very quickly!! Ice cream might be more acceptable, however.

It is still not hot here. No winter and a cool spring. Very odd, but I like it.

Dad