Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Jiggety Jig

We are home again, intact, but innocent of luggage. I am given to understand that my luggage should be arriving tomorrow from Cleveland, which seems odd as we changed planes in Cincinatti. Unfair, really, I have never been to Cleveland but my luggage has. I am assured that it is not lost, merely, um, on vacation without me. Still, if they actually can find it and deliver it (which remains to be seen) I will say that having it delivered here is an improvement over having to lug it home. That's a big if, though.

Still, it puts off the horrible unpacking for another day. Though if it never comes, hey at least I don't have to unpack it all.

The kids are asleep, though we are not sending them to school tomorrow, I don't have the energy for any incidents with Douwe's teacher arising from jet lag, whoops I mean his obvious social problems. But if the luggage comes through as promised it will be like Chrismas in May if I know my kids. Daan will have forgotten what was in the luggage; Douwe will have spent the day believing he will never see his brand new sky train again despite many parental assurances.

(Yes, I know, I don't believe it either despite many Delta assurances. No, I did not miss that.)

I cannot sleep. It must have been that last pot of coffee.

Added Tuesday morning: Well, it appears that the luggage is in Holland, the man at Delta, somewhat bemused by my doubting nature, assures me he has seen my luggage with his own eyes and it will indeed be delivered tomorrow morning. So we may be playing that whizbang interactive DVD game yet. Assuming I can get the stupid thing to speak its zeroes and ones in Dutch that is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the trip was reasonably uneventful(although you didn't say that). Our luggage missed a connection once and Delta had it on the front porch by midnight of the same day. I never knew where it went. Once on a trip to Phil., a briefcase full of work stuff went to Miami and it was delivered to the hotel before the next day.

Check your email.

Love
Dad

Anonymous said...

So - I guess you are pooped!!!
Ashley wants to know where Douwe and Dann and "my friend" Jeannine is.

I am signing Ash;ey up for swimming lessons - I think some fall in July - want to sign the boys up too? Just a thought.
Jenni

PS Glad you luggage made it.